Hi there, Developer!
I’m looking for an addition to our ecommerce team. We have made WooCommerce stores for many years, but this spring we decided to put more emphasis on ecommerce. Our dedicated ecommerce & growth team was founded a few months back and the future’s looking bright. Vierityspalkki already nominated us as the most experienced WooCommerce agency in Finland and there seems to be a lot of good projects coming towards us 🙂
This year I have personally been involved in ecommerce projects like Heureka, Nudamag and Micro Magic. Our team has also been working with Mafy, Flamingo Spa, Tykkimäki and Best Caravan.
None of these projects are just an “install WooCommerce and deploy” type of thing. Each of these have required picking the right plugins, hooking to the right actions, understanding the WooCommerce data model, extending the functionality, keeping the code maintainable and integrating to external services. And that’s where we need you!
I’m looking for someone with backendish experience to do the heavy lifting for ecommerce sites, someone who is enthusiastic about WooCommerce and believes that when done right, WooCommerce is a powerful ecommerce platform. I’m also hoping that you bring your knowledge in and help us improve our WooCommerce tooling and practices. Frontend skills are required to some extent, but we are not looking for anything magical.
We have a nice office in downtown Helsinki and I’m hoping to see you there from time to time. Other than that, you are free to work wherever you want. Some of your teammates are working from Turku and Tammisaari anyway!
You will be working with these fellas. Riikka is running the team, Niklas is managing projects, Tatu is a data wizard, Mikael and Santtu are marketing automation professionals and Conny and Janne are like you – developers. I’m also helping the team as much as I can.
We expect you to have:
- Enthusiasm towards WooCommerce and willingness to build complex stores with it
- Experience in building mid to large-sized WordPress projects
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Solid skills in PHP
- Experience in integrations
- A team player mindset and a proactive attitude
The list above gives a hint towards the technologies that we use in our projects, but the list goes on. We are tailoring this position based on the skills of the new hire, so we are not expecting you to know all of these. Tell us about your other experience as well!
What we offer you:
- 12 days a year to improve yourself, participate in events, contribute to open source, or whatever you see fit to develop your skills
- Full-time, permanent employment
- Skilled and experienced, helpful work buddies
- Extensive health, sport and culture benefits and insurance for free time as well
- A casual, modern workplace without unnecessary bureaucracy
If this sounds good, please apply!
If you have any further questions, you can contact me on Twitter or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. If you want to know more about our fun-loving team, check out our Flickr feed.